Extra Work, Delays And Other Claims
No matter how carefully designed or well-executed a project may be, circumstances will often call for additional work to be performed or give rise to delays. When that happens, knowing how to present your claim – and preserve your rights if it is wrongly denied – can make the difference between a profitable and an unprofitable job.
At Corwin & Corwin LLP, we have over six decades of experience helping our clients analyze, prepare, and successfully resolve every type of disputed claim, including:
- Extra work claims — We can review your plans and specifications and help you assess the strengths of your claim, present it clearly and effectively, and reach a fair and timely resolution.
- Delay and lost productivity claims — Delays are more than just time-consuming; they are disruptive and expensive. These claims are among the most complex, and we can guide you through the process of documenting, analyzing, and presenting them while keeping the project going.
- Defective work claims — When work fails to conform to the plans and specifications, we can help you analyze the problems and get them corrected promptly. If you are a contractor facing a baseless defective work claim, we will present your position forcefully and work to get you paid.
- Unforeseen conditions — Even the best designed projects can be significantly delayed by unforeseen conditions. When that happens, we can help prepare a strategy for responding to the problem and securing additional time or payment. For owners, we can help analyze the merits of claims and help you determine how to keep your project on track.
- Payment Disputes — Payment disputes can involve any of the above issues and a host of others. Corwin & Corwin LLP can analyze the various grounds for non-payment and resolve disputed issues quickly and fairly.
Contact Corwin & Corwin LLP To Assist You with Construction Claims
To learn more about how we can help you deal with disputes such as these, please contact us online or call our office at (617) 742-3420.