John M. CurranIndustry Knowledge Meets Legal Experience Proven Counsel for Construction Projects.
Has represented clients appearing and arguing before Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court; Massachusetts Court of Appeals, Massachusetts Appellate Division. Recently handled two arbitrations both lasting over forty days resulting in successful recoveries.
Multiple Trials in Superior and District Court resulting in favorable verdicts.
Significant mediation experience representing owner, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Massachusetts, 1995
- New Hampshire, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 1993
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's list (1990 - 1993)
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award (1993)
- Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine
- A.B. - 1990
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List (1987 - 1990)
- Stripping the First Amendment? G-Strings, Pasties & the Constitution, Suffolk University Law Review
- Renting Public Schools to Religious Groups - A First Amendment Dilema, Suffolk University Law Review
- Semantics and the Interpretation of a Comprehensive General Liability Policy, Suffolk University Law Review
Classes / Seminars
- The SJC's Decision in Trace Construction: The Lien, The Lease and The Landlord, Boston Bar Association
- Getting Paid in Any Economy, Associated Subcontractors of Massachusetts
- How to Secure Payment for Your Work - Payment Bonds and Mechanic's Liens, Associated Subcontractors of Massachusetts
- Getting Paid for Your Work, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Contractor's Association
- The New Massachusetts Prompt Pay Act, Multiple Contractors Multiple other speaking engagements to trade groups and organizations on various aspects of construction law
- Taught courses in: Constitutional Law, Law Office Management, Criminal Law and Procedure, and Commercial Law, Newbury College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Boston Bar Association
- Manchester Bar Association, Member, Sections of Family Law and Business Litigation
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- WishGiver, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island